Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sometimes the best dinners...

...are the ones created with randoms found in the fridge and pantry because I don't feel like going to the grocery store.  

We had about 10 mushrooms, 3/4 of a red pepper, 1/2 of an onion, 4 turkey breakfast sausage patties, 1/2 of a carton of chicken broth, 1/2 of a carton of beef broth, and some fresh parsley.  Add a little arborio rice, garlic, and some Parmesan cheese and we had a yummy dinner!  ...and I managed to avoid the grocery store for yet another day.  :)


Nothing fancy, but still a delicious risotto!

2 comments:

Muffin Cake said...

I need details. How did you make it? Looks yummy.

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

Hmmm...let me see... :)
I chopped the mushrooms, peppers, onion, garlic, and sausage and sauteed them together in olive oil. Then transferred that to a bowl and started on the risotto. I used about a cup of the rice, placed that in the same pan, with some olive oil and salt and pepper. Then added a cup of the mixed broths, sitrred over medium heat until all of the liquid was gone, then added another cup of the broth, stirred until that liquid was gone, then added the final cup of broth. Once all of that liquid was gone, I added the sauteed mixture back into the pot, stirred til well heated, then transferred to bowls and topped with the parsley and cheese. Yummy!!