We made the best pasta several nights ago with some of the leftover ingredients from our pizza night! I need to post it, so I can come back when I want to make it again. This was another one of our creations with no recipe to follow, so I will do my best to make sense of how we did this. This is nothing fancy, but it was delicious and so easy.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 oz. pappardelle
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 large garlic clove, chopped
two big handfuls of cherry heirloom tomatoes
two big handfuls fresh basil, chopped
4 oz. goat cheese
1/2 cup chicken stock
salt and pepper
fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place chicken breasts in baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
2. About halfway into the baking of the chicken, place whole tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a saucepan and drizzle with olive oil. Cover and cook over medium heat until the tomatoes burst.
3. Boil the pasta.
4. While the pasta is cooking, alternate adding the goat cheese and the chicken stock to the tomato mixture, making a creamy sauce.
5. Chop chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and mix into the sauce.
6. Add pasta and a tiny bit of the pasta water to the sauce, season to taste with salt and pepper. Add chopped fresh basil and freshly grated Parmesan just before serving!