Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Piggy!

Piggy is a set of two savings banks that nest together. The larger “momma” bank is for a child’s personal savings, and the smaller bank is for the child's charitable savings.
I saw Piggy on Design Milk and thought it was too fantastic not to share.  This has touched me in a way I cannot even explain.  The ideas behind Piggy are the very values I hope to instill in my children, as my parents did with me.  It is very important to me that my husband and I raise our children to have integrity, compassion, gratefulness... and hearts of gold.  Philanthropy will be a part of their daily lives and Piggy seems like such a wonderful way to continue this journey with our son and (possible) future children.
Our son has already participated in two charitable events and I cannot wait to see what we do together next as a family.
His first Race for the CureOctober 2009

We helped prepare dinner for the families staying at our local Ronald McDonald HouseJanuary 2010
If you are interested in learning more about Piggy, please click here

9 comments:

Jennifer D said...

Oh good! You posted it! I ordered it for Jack when you told me about it. The box is great. The quotes are words to live by. I was worried about it getting broken in transit, but it is packed well. I love all that you guys do as a family! I can't wait to see you guys soon! Perhaps over Christmas??
Jen

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

YAY!!! I am glad you got it!

No plans for a trip up to PA for Christmas this year. Hopefully soon we can get together, though!! We miss y'all!!

Jennifer D said...

Bummer! We need to meet that baby of yours sometime soon!
What in the world were you doing up at 4:30 am anyway??

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

Landscapers!!! They are selling the house next door, so I guess they are fixing things up, but seriously they were out at 4!! WHat in the world?? I tried to sleep through it, but just decided to get up and be productive.
Give Jack a squeeze from me!! :)

Cassandra@Delight said...

This is great!!! Thanks for sharing!!

the southern hostess said...

I love this. What a great lesson for kids!

Anonymous said...

Suzie you are a wonderful daughter, wife, and mom! I guess I'm prejudiced, though! Love, Mom

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

Awww...Momma! You made me cry! :)

Tabitha said...

Hey Suzie! This is such a great idea!! I need to stalk you every day or I am gonna miss something (apparently)!

Dustin and I would love to get together with you and B sometime.... let me know when works!!