Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pizza on the grill!

A few weeks ago we had dinner with friends at their house and we made our own pizzas on the grill. They were fantastic!  I have always heard of this and wanted to try it for myself, but for some reason whenever we make pizza at home (which is quite often), we always just bake it. Tonight, we decided to switch things up and heat up the outside just a little more, rather than the house...since it was about 110 degrees out. We do not follow recipes well at all and prefer to just create meals that sound good to us, so I really have no real measurements, but will try:

1. I mixed 4 ounces of goat cheese with a huge handful of fresh chopped basil.  Then I cracked some black pepper on top.

2.  We divided a ball of fresh whole wheat pizza dough into two pieces and my husband and I each rolled out our own pieces.  This is mine.  His was a perfect circle.  I was going for the rustic look.


3.  Out to the grill they went.  I can't even tell you for how long on each side because our dog was going nuts hearing our neighbors arguing next door.  :/  We lost track of time.

4.  Back inside to spread our ingredients onto the crust...the goat cheese mixture and also some prosciutto.  Then back out to the grill for just a few minutes.  The whole basil leaves went on for only the very final minute.
5.  While my husband finished our pizzas, I assembled a salad of herb-mix lettuce, sliced apple, dried cranberries, candied pecans, and a tiny bit of blue cheese.
6.  Mine vs His  [The only real difference was that I had way more cheese and he added a little tomato sauce to his.]  We also drizzled both of them with olive oil before devouring.


So yummy!

5 comments:

Muffin Cake said...

Oh man that looks so good!

Random question: how do you get the two pictures side-by-side like that?

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

I use Picasa for all of my photo editing and then for side by side or groupings of pictures, there is a collage option. You can download it here if you wish:
http://picasa.google.com/

Let me know if you have any questions! The collage option is definitely my favorite!! :)

Muffin Cake said...

I love it. AND you inspired me with dinner tonight. It wasn't pizza on the grill, but we did have pizza and a salad with candied pecans, feta, and pan-seared nectarines. Fat free poppyseed dressing too. Mmmm!

Muffin Cake said...

I am officially your blog stalker, so you know. I posted the dinner you inspired me to make on my blog. :)

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

Aww! Yay!!! Your salad sounds delish!! I have never pan-seared a nectarine! I think you have inspired my next salad!!