Thursday, August 26, 2010

Beauty...Part 3

Take a look at the following photos:

Any guesses as to what is in these images?

Tuesday I made barbecue in the crock pot for dinner and forgot to wash the pot that night.  I put it in the sink to soak the next morning and when it came time to wash it, I was stopped in my tracks.  I stared at it for a second and saw an alligator (crocodile?), a puppy, and an evil eye??...so I grabbed my camera, so my husband would believe me.  As time went on and I kept snapping pictures, the soapy water continued to change.  It kind of morphed into some sort of animal or silhouette, then into a happy face, and then into some freaky pumpkin or monster mask or maybe a dog wearing sunglasses?

Here is a shot of the sink, just in case you don't believe me.  :)


What do you think?  Am I the only one who sees these images?  It reminded me of my post a few weeks back about finding the beauty in rather annoying or mundane things.  So...I found the beauty in a dirty crock pot.  :P

Upon looking at these further, they kind of reminded me of some of the artwork we have in our kitchen/dining/family room:


...or maybe I am just crazy.

5 comments:

GretaG@arttec said...

My dishes NEVER look that pretty! You should frame those images. They are beautiful! They would look fantastic in a series.

Kylie said...

I love this. I knew it was water, but had no clue it was a dirty crockpot! LOL

Anonymous said...

I absolutely see all of the things you mentioned. So either we are both crazy or they are really there. It's like the Virgin Mary on the side of a building or a piece of toast! (:

Richelle

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

ahaha Well I'm glad I'm not alone! I just showed them to my husband and he thinks I am crazy! He sees nothing but a pot of water. Boo!!! :)

torrie said...

very cool...
I'm actually cooking in my crock pot (if I ever get to the store) tonight, so maybe I'll find a little beauty in my 'dirty pot' :).