Wednesday, October 20, 2010

In a "design" rut at home...

I have design in quotes above, because I know I am far from a designer.  I do, however, have very strong likes and dislikes when it comes to how I want to put our home together.  Our style is far from "safe", we love color, and like unique pieces.  Lately though, I just cannot seem to get it together.  I have a long list of projects I want to get working on and I have been feeling uninspired.  Whenever I get in that funk, I flip through all of my old Domino magazines and instantly get re-energized and re-introduced to some of my favorite designers who I had completely forgotten about.

Rediscovering the work of Palmer Weiss has pulled me out of my slump and has made me want to get working on some of the items on that long list of mine.  Here are a few of my favorite spaces of hers:


All of the images in this post can be found here!

Palmer Weiss Interior Design, Inc.
1808 Wedemeyer Street, Suite 180
San Francisco, CA 94129 

Honestly, there is no major work that needs to be done in our home, but just a few things that we have wanted to change since we moved in three years ago.  We have just sort of learned to live with some of the things we once hated and have now almost forgotten why we initially wanted to change them.  Oh well...time to spruce things up a bit.  Thanks to Palmer Weiss for giving me just the boost I needed!  :)

3 comments:

Ana Degenaar said...

How amazing! Your inspiration photos are simply lovely!

torrie said...

I know what you mean. Lately, there are so many 'fix-it' projects, that are piling up. It's hard to even think about 'design projects' when these are in the way, so to speak. Just need 2 things: 1)time, 2)$:).

Rachel @ Delight said...

I totally get in ruts like that. Those are great images, though! What a cool designer! From the glimpses of your home that you have shared, you definitely seem to have a similar style, so I hope they do the trick for you and get you out of your funk! :o)
Rachel