Thursday, January 3, 2008

Clutter makes me crazy!

I haven't always been this way. When I was younger, my room could get pretty messy. Luckily, I had some sort of super power that allowed me to clean my room in about 5 minutes...from top to bottom. As I got a little older, the messes got a little bigger and the clean-time got a bit longer, but I was still able to whip into a room like a tornado and straighten in record time.

Now that I am married and living in a house, I feel like a changed woman....almost slightly obsessive. When my house is clean and clutter-free, I feel like I can function. When it's messy, I feel like a complete crazy person. I really do agree with whoever said that the clutter in your home represents the chaos in your life...or something to that effect. And I feel like that works both ways....when things get chaotic in life, sometimes it's easy to let the home cleaning fall lower on the list of chores. I vowed never to get that way, though! :) Let me stay clutter-free while I'm on a roll...while it's a habit...while it's still fun for me.

Then I started thinking that if I somehow got locked inside The Container Store, I just might be okay! This store inspires me and makes me sad that we don't yet have one in AZ. When I lived in VA, I would stroll through the store and dream that my closets, cabinets, and rooms were that organized and beautiful. I am now working to fulfill that dream! :)

Get inspired by these spaces:



Take a little time to organize! It will change your life. For some organizational ideas, check out the Expert Help page found on The Container Store's website!

No comments: