Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mom!

Since she has already received her Mother's Day gift, I can talk about it here. My mom loves key lime pie! For the longest time I have wanted to send her one, but I always forget about it until it's too late. If we were closer, I'd just take one over to her, but since we live over 2000 miles away from each other, that would be difficult. I made it my mission to find an authentic key lime pie to send to her, but got so annoyed that I could not find one under $100! That just seems ridiculous for one pie. She is certainly worth more to me than $100, but I think spending that much for a pie is just a little nuts.

So, I explored other options and decided to order her a key lime cake and key lime curd from Rowena's in my hometown. It's not a pie, but at least it's still got the key lime flavor! I ordered it on Tuesday and when my mom called on Wednesday saying she had received it, I was shocked! How fast! I forgot it was a local place, so it really did not have to travel far, but I was still impressed and have to highly recommend Rowena's for any of your cake sending needs!

Check out a few of Rowena's deliverable treats:

It's not just my word you have to go on, Rowena's has been featured in Lady’s Home Journal, Gourmet, Bon Appetit, Taste of Home, and Southern Living, and has appeared on Food Finds on the Food Network, and The Today Show! Be sure to take a peek at their site!

4 comments:

KatB said...

Sure....try to show me up! I can attest to the yumminess of Rowena's cakes, though!

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

Ha ha! I wasn't trying to show you up! :) You're probably going home to see her aren't you! You're the good daughter, but I'm still the favored one!! :)

KatB said...

Actually, I am spending Mother's Day with my mother-in-law. Maybe I should order Mom that $100 key lime pie....

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

ahahaha!! She'll still know it was my idea!!! :)

Happy Mother's Day!!!