Before checking it out, I thought I'd show how the space has looked in the past. It has had it's share of changes over the past few years. When we first moved in, we had it as our sitting area:
Then we flipped the room and moved the table to that side. Unfortunately, I never really took pictures of the table area because it left a lot to be desired. Often it was just a bare table where I worked on art projects or blogged, other times it housed holiday decor:
|treats at my son's first birthday party|
|Though you can't see the table, this Christmas decor was on it! :) (2010)|
|the day of the move (2011)|
So that's it! Connor runs in there as soon as he wakes in the morning, so I am going to pretend he loves the design of the new space, not just the toys. :)
A few details:
- The shelving and accessories were already in our home, just taken from other rooms, so this was a free makeover.
- The mirror on the right wall is metal, so not only is it perfect for face-making, but also letter magnets!
- The easel was one of his Christmas gifts from us and is currently doubling as a kitchen/grocery store, with a bin of pots, pans, and utensils underneath, next to his car.
- My husband and I made that penguin from a box. I 100% copied the one from Gourmet Mom on-the-Go when we had a penguin party for Connor's first birthday. My mother-in-law helped me sew felt fish bean bags to be thrown into the penguin's mouth. They are in the bucket next to the penguin.
- I still have that bowl of corks in this room. :) Joining them are two (aluminum?) trees my parents gave us as part of our Christmas gift. I love them! They will be perfect for Christmas, but I plan to keep them up year-round.
Now we just need to finish the seating area on the opposite end and then this room will be complete.