Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blog Crawl: "It's in the bag."

A Hasty LifeI am pretty sure when Ashley of A Hasty Life asked me to participate in her blog crawl, "It's in the bag," where bloggers post a peek inside theirs, she wasn't anticipating my bag to be a diaper bag.  Sorry to disappoint, folks, but that is the truth...and I am okay with it!  :)  My son is now 19 months (OMG) old, so I could likely ditch the bag, but in a weird way, I am attached to it.  Having such a big bag allows me to drag along as much crap as I want and when questioned for having such a large one, I can just blame my son.  I found this Sisley bag while hugely pregnant and fell in love with it.  It is technically not a diaper bag, so that makes it a little more acceptable that I am still carrying it, right?

Here it is:


..and here I am, carrying it (and a beer):


Words cannot describe how much I love this bag! Check out how much stuff I carry with me almost every single day:

1.  Books!  Connor loves books, so everyday before leaving the house, I grab two books for the car ride.

2.  My pouchee (a gift from my parents).  I love this thing.  It holds my license, debit card, credit card, my phone, cash, pen/pad of paper, and whatever else you would put in a wallet/small purse.

3.  The polka-dotted bag has diapers/wipes and the striped one has a change of clothes for Connor.  I learned the hard way that I still need to carry the change of clothes.  :)

4.  keys

5.  I'd be lying if I said there weren't random hair things and gum wrappers at the bottom of my bag.

6.  I almost always have a magazine in my bag to look at when my husband is driving.  I feel like I never have time to read my magazines, so car rides are always the perfect time to catch up.

7.  gum

8.  My cheap sunglasses from Target.

9.  My make-up bag.  I never leave home without it.

10.  Fridge pack.  This almost always has a sippy cup of rice milk and snacks.  Since my son has multiple food allergies, traveling with his own food and drink is a must.

11.  Drugstore in a bag.  :)  ..tissues, Clorox wipes, antibacterial hand/face wipes, first-aid kit, disposable adhesive place-mats, Benadryl, and Connor's EpiPen.

I know it seems like a lot of stuff to drag around, but I am almost always prepared for anything that may come my way.  :)

Thanks to Amanda from Itchin' Stitchin' for handing things over to me for the day.  Be sure to head over to Bows & Sparrows tomorrow to check out what's in Erin's bag.  Thanks, Ashley, for organizing this whole thing and asking me to participate!  It has been fun!!

8 comments:

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

You and I have a lot in common. I could totally be at home with your bag. I have a zip love in my regular purse with bandaids, wipes, neo-spray. All that too. Too funny.

torrie said...

I love how prepared you are, and what a cute bag (would never know that it's a "diaper" bag!

And I really love that picture- you, Connor, your bag... and a beer... life's essentials, right? :)

Ashley Hasty said...

Thank you so much for participating in this blog crawl. I really enjoyed getting a sneak peek inside your bag! I love your colorful and patterned bags within your purse! They're cute AND keep everything organized!!

<3 Ashley
www.ahastylife.com

Nuha said...

I love the way you have a book for your son and a "book" for you..so cute!

Kylie said...

Great bag! I love your organization. Actually I am downright jealous of it. I can never find anything in my bag! LOL Kylie :o)

Sara said...

I really enjoyed this blog crawl! I love big bags and I don't even have kids. It looks like you are very organized!

xo,
Sara

Ana Degenaar said...

I am loving it and love the contents of that bag!
xx

Anonymous said...

I had a purse a few years ago that actually had a place for a cell phone. I think I got it at Target. Anyway, now I have to fish around for the phone...it never seems to ring enough when I need it!