Monday, August 11, 2008

Inspired by a radish??

Yesterday afternoon, my husband and I were walking through the produce section at our favorite grocery store and I stopped dead in my tracks and gasped! He thought I was hurt or something, but no, I came across a watermelon radish for the first time! The thing was beautiful!! Just gorgeous! I wanted to buy a handful of them because I was so inspired by them! He looked at me like I had lost my mind and said, "You are inspired by a radish?" Yes, dummy. I am!!! I can find inspiration in just about anything! So we had a brief argument about purchasing a few radishes and compromised. I took a photo with my phone. Not exactly the best, but still pretty good. Just look at the colors:

Then it hit me! Just a few hours earlier, I was going through photos on my laptop and was remembering this delicious cake my husband got for my last birthday!....decorated with the same colors!
Finally...this is the weirdest part...
I was wearing this green dress and making blueberry/raspberry smoothies and looked down and gasped again!

+ = more inspiration!

While I know 'pink and green' is nothing new as far as a color combo, I decided that three hits in one day was a sign that I needed to make something. I'm not quite sure what, but perhaps I will paint over the canvases in our guest room.

3 comments:

Muffin Cake said...

That ALMOST makes me want to try a radish....can't wait to see what you paint1

Judy / IslandBroad said...

Oh wow. That's kooky. But green & pink always look great together. That cake your hubby bought for you is amazing. Wish mine would do that.

Hmmm...I wore some green capris and a pink top today. LOL

the southern hostess said...

Those are some beautiful vegetables! I can't wait to see your painting!