Thursday, February 3, 2011

Four Things Currently Rockin' My World!


It's been a while since I have done one of these, so here we go! Here are four things making my life better at the moment:

1.  my new work space!  I just spruced up my desk area at home a bit and it is now bright, crazy, and full of color...just how I like it.  :)  My laptop usually covers the things in that drawer under the glass, but it was in the kitchen when I took the photo...oops.

2.  black grapes.  I could go on and on about how great they are, but will just let you read this link if you want.  The grapes above lasted about 3 minutes.

3.  Nectar Thermique by Kerastase.  I think I have been in denial for years that my hair was as dry as hay.  Why I continue highlighting it is beyond me, because I know it only causes more and more damage.  This past time at the salon, I asked my stylist to recommend a great product and she did just that.  This stuff is amazing!

4.  Skype!  I have mentioned that we live far away from our families and how tough it is.  Since having our son, it has been important to me that he know his relatives and see them on a regular basis.  That is tough, so being able to call on Skype for free, makes us feel like we are actually seeing our families more than just the few times a year we physically see them.  Now I just have to get my parents on board!  :)  


Happy Thursday!!  
I cannot believe tomorrow is already Friday! 

8 comments:

christine, just bella said...

You are motivating me to clean my desk at work! Happy almost friday :)

SaharG said...

LOL, ditto the comment above. The desk looks great and if you could see mine, you would die. I am also a SAHM, but love having a "work space" to call my own and I should make it pretty like yours, so at least I may be inspired to do something. :o) Love Skype too! Sahar

Ana Degenaar said...

I LOVE YOUR WORK SPACE! So beautiful and inspiring! I am also living skype. Thank goodness for it.

Sarah@Designmarc said...

Ooh pretty office area. Can I ask where you got your desk? So there is a drawer under the glass? I want to hear more! :) I am in the market for a new desk. I am loving your chair too. I love all of the colors together.

I also need some sort of help for my dry hair, so I may check out your rec. Thanks!

S

torrie said...

The desk looks perfect. I love lots of color too... and I'm alllllmost at a point where I can get to that project- the office.

I love Kerestase! I've never tried that produce, but I may get it the next time I'm in because I feel the same way. No matter what I do, my hair stays pretty dry, and I plan on getting it colored more often, which doesn't help :). I wish the line was a bit cheaper, but it is definitely worth it. (still trying to convince my husband of that!)

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

Thanks, ladies!

Sarah, the desk is the Drake from Crate & Barrel. We have had it for about three years now and love it. The one in this link is black, but ours is dark brown.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/furniture/desks/drake-desk/s586092

Torrie, I don't think I will ever be able to convince my husband that ANYTHING hair-related is worth it! Ha ha!

Anonymous said...

O.K. Cupcake, you Mom will call you about the Skype! You should mention that you all gave us Skype as our Christmas present so we have no excuse.

My hairdresser does a great job on foiling without making my hair dry. I'm a lot older than the ladies who regularly write to you and most probably have never had permanents in their hair. I used to years ago but my wonderful hairdresser absolutely refuses to give them and they are a definite disaster if you also color/foil your hair. Just some advice from Suzie's Mom!

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

We gave you the webcam, Mom...skype is free to everyone. :) I will walk you through all of this soon. Ha ha!!